Monday, February 05, 2007

Scary Stuff

So, for the past two weeks my school has been doing nothing but expanding our students' horizon. We were in Interim Term. What's that you ask? That's a fair question. Well, we (the teachers) split into groups to expose the kids to different topics. The students choose which [lets call these] "workshops" they want to be a part of, and they go there for one whole week. The second week they got to go to three different ones. The second week, I taught "Scary Stuff Around the World." My idea was to scare the kids silly so that they'd have trouble sleeping at night. Cruel, huh? :P I wanted to share ghost stories, because that's just something I like to do. I like hearing them, but then at night I'm freaked out. So I sleep with my lamp on. Dork. :D Anyways, I'd like to share a story I was told while interviewing faculty for the class.

(Name was changed to protect real identities.) :P This is a true story, and there are many more out there, believe me!

Lisa was in her senior year in college. She lived in dorms housed in an old victorian home. Her room was at the end of the hall on the third and top floor. Lisa had no roommate, so she felt her room was a safe haven where she could have her privacy when needed. One night, Lisa suddenly woke up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. This to her was odd, since she never woke in the middle of the night. She always slept til the morning with the sheets over her head because her room was always cold at night. So she took off her cover to glance at the clock and see what time it was. It was about 5 am. For some reason, Lisa looked around the room, and to her horror, she saw a girl standing in the middle of the room, her green eyes staring at her!! She was so scared she quickly dove under her blankets again. A few seconds later, she snuck her head out from under them, but the girl, who had made no noise whatsoever, had disappeared into thin air! The door was locked from the inside, so there was no way that anyone could have snuck into her room or left quickly. Again, Lisa had no roommate. She had felt the girl's presence in her room, or perhaps it had been the green-eyed stare which woke her up. Whether it was the presence or the stare, Lisa will certainly never forget the night when a girl from the past stood watching her sleep.

Scary, huh?

No comments: