Saturday, August 25, 2007

Costa Rican Summer



I lived in Costa Rica during the entire summer break. Two and a half months in paradise... You guessed it; I DID NOT want to come back to reality! But alas! Society requires humankind to work for a buck. So I'm back in Houston, often reminiscing about my time spent in my native country.

Two and a half months. What did I do you ask? Well... I decided to take some Italian classes, which I did. I also visited a "Country" class. No, it's not a dance class. It's actually an arts and crafts class. I went twice, and I've already got something to decorate my room with for Christmas. Yes, Christmas. Pretty soon you'll see the stores stuffed with Christmas decorations, possible gifts, cards, tress, etc, etc. It seems that each year stores put out Christmas merchandise earlier. That's over there. Now here, they at least wait until after Thanksgiving. At least I think they still do.

I also rode the bus down in CR. It's an experience everyone visiting there should live through. I personally like it, because it gives me a sort of freedom to having to depend on rides. Although I'm still without my car, I am free to choose to leave when I want to and to the places I want to. Granted, you have to go by their schedules, but should you miss a bus, you'll only have to wait about 15 minutes for the next one. And, the ride will cost you about the equivalent to 30 cents! It's a great system, and you could literally travel the country using the bus system. Of course, you've just got to be smart about it and keep your belongings safe.

The house where I stayed made me feel like I was on a retreat-type hotel. There were trees all around, many birds (including humming birds), grass, flowers, and the best part, the view at night! It was beautiful! The picture above does little justice to the beauty of seeing the city lights at a distance. I truly felt blessed to have the privilege of being surrounded by awe-inspiring scenery. I can't wait to go back in December! I will be sure to take more pictures to share all I see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hrmmm i assume you'd only go during school breaks? i really really really really really really really really want to take marc...i was thinknig it'd be smart to go with mom, but if youuuuuuu're there too, that would be great :).

i'd love to go in march-ish. but if need be, i can wait until next summer :)

prima katherine

Karina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

apparently all my inlaws want to go to costa rica next year yayyyy....beso, katherine