Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thought for the day

I was unexpectedly asked by one of my students to fill out a form. Well, because we were in the middle of class--figures!-- I asked her to put it on my desk. I dismissed it thinking it was an absence form, or something like it. Well, I finally noticed it on my desk and decided to go ahead and fill it out to get that over with. But as it turns out, it was a list of quotes. I had to pick one that most related to my own life and feelings. I thought "Well, this is different!" You have to understand, in all my three years working at this school, all I've been asked to fill out were absence forms and rec forms. Anywho, out of all ten quotes, there were three that caught my attention:

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string."

"To be great is to be misunderstood." (I couldn't suppress a chuckle reading this one.)

"Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of our own mind."

And then there was a second part that asked me to explain my quote. It was optional, but I decided I was feeling philosophical. So I wrote. --I've learned that in life things may go right, great, really bad or OK. Whatever life brings, I've come to understand that one must take care of one's soul. This is what will carry you through anything and all in your life.--

Can you guess which quote I chose? I wonder which of these would apply to most of the people I've known in my life...?

No comments: