Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Written thoughts


OK. I will explain why I write the way I do a lot. I am a very thoughtful person. You are probably thiking that I'm saying I do things for people, am considerate, etc. Not that I am not (at least I try to be), but that's not what I mean. I mean that I like to wonder about a lot of things in life. Today, for example, I am enthralled by the fact that people find a need to write down their thoughts. Be it in a diary, journal, blog, or email, we are always writing down what we feel or think. I am, in fact, doing it right now. I wonder though, why that need to record it? Is it our own way of being recognized, of beating the masses and being an individual? Is it because we like knowing that by writing down our thoughts, we know that perhaps someone somewhere will eventually read them, and somehow you will have been thought of by someone? Is it our need to share our innermost self through a filter so that we are not exposing ourselves to direct criticism? It's funny, but I've seen that even the simplest person, who simply states does not care to be known and is perfectly content to be let live, even that person has found a passion in sharing their thoughts to others through what I consider to be the most modern means of mass communication, blogging. I wonder, is this our way of giving substance to our thoughts? Or is it simply our way of getting things off our chest? Now, there's a profound idea... :P

No comments: