Monday, October 16, 2006

What dreams may come


I was thinking about dreams the other day as a number of people do now and again. I've had a couple of recurring dreams. I do wonder why I have them. Do you ever get the sense of familiarity when you're having a dream? You know you've been to that place before; you've been that person; you've lived the same situation; you've faced the same dilemmas. And somehow, you know in your dream that you will be there again. And it feels like home. Yet, when you wake up, the dream is gone, the memories forgotten. But despite this, that feeling of gladness about having been to a familiar place lingers into your consciousness...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The dream I remember the most is when I get up, get ready for school, AND THEN WAKE UP only to have to do it ALL over again. No feeling of gladness there. : )

Anonymous said...

lately i've been dreaming about big ben, from the steelers. and peyton manning. marc makes fun of me for having a crush on peyton manning. i don't. but he's invading my dreams :(

- katherine, bestestest virginia cousin ever.